Monday, February 11, 2013

Procrastination

I have been procrastinating. I am about 3/4 of the way finished with what you could consider a really long story or a really short book.

I have a vary hard time writing when there are people around-just like that frog on Bugs Bunny. I could be on a roll, cane out and top hat waving. Suddenly, a small child will descend upon me, looking over my shoulder to ask what I am doing.

I visibly deflate, just like that frog and call it a day.

It's been tough these past few days. We were stuck inside from that blizzard, all packed in. Thankfully, we did not lose heat or power. I cannot say enough times how thankful I am for that. But it was still painful because of the amount of alone time I need in order to function was drastically reduced.

I know the tiny solution to this problem. I need to get up earlier and when i do, stop roaming around on Facebook or someone else's blog and get to it.

Sometimes I am good at it and sometimes I fall out of the routine and have to get back on it, which is what's happening now.

but happily, at this very moment, the kids are up and I am writing and they are leaving me be. Not bad. I'm sure one of them will be over any minute to ask me to arrange for play dates and schedule their itineraries for the day. Sometimes I don't feel like a mother, I feel like the event coordinator for the Love Boat.

I have some more things I'd like to write about. It has been a sad week. Lots of endings have come to my attention. I have a wake to go to tonight. Maybe tomorrow I'll write about that.

But at the moment I have a really long story or a really short book that I need to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment