Friday, November 25, 2011

Public Apology


Thanksgiving was great. Dinner went off without a hitch. I made it easy on us this year and got a boneless turkey breast instead of dealing with a big greasy carcass. B and I did not kill each other, and we got to take the kids to the annual movie after dinner. This year we saw the Muppets. I was a little nervous, being such a huge fan as a child. But it was really good. Brian even got teary eyed at the end although he denies it. My Dad put Steve the Elf on the Shelf out for the kids to find after the movies and our Thanksgiving holiday was complete.
I did something that I felt kind of bad about yesterday. My big brother called from Chicago to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving. He is my older brother by 7 years, but in the realm of child-bearing/child-rearing I am about 17 + years ahead of him. I am finally at the point where I can go to a park, store or museum with a minimal amount of pain and annoyance. My 3 kids are old enough to be somewhat helpful and I'm starting to enjoy their company. My brother is a mere 18 months in with another baby on the way in 2 months. I am embarrassed about the sadistic pleasure I took in telling him that he is basically screwed and he shouldn't expect to have it get any better for at least the next 5 years. If he goes for a third or fourth child, make it 10. I also regaled him with stories of G trying to bite V when she first met him in the hospital, attempts on V's life when I brought him home and the horrific injuries of toddlerhood. I enjoyed it way too much and am deeply ashamed of my behavior. So on this public site for anyone to read, I would like to apologize to my brother for my obvious enjoyment at his expense. I apologize for rubbing it in. I cannot promise that it won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment