Friday, January 27, 2012

Procrastination

This morning I got the kids to school early. Only about 3-5 minutes before the first bell rang, but for me that is quite the accomplishment. I have got arriving at the last possible minute before the last bell or being marked late down to a science. So this morning, as I walked back to my car, passing all of those parents who are usually coming back from their drop offs as I am running to the door dragging my panting, stumbling children, I could barely contain the urge to start dancing, whooping, pointing at these parents and yelling, "That's right! IN YOUR FACE!" But I obviously didn't. The world in my head is infinitely more fun then my reality as I'm sure everyone else's is...
I am now writing this instead of getting ready to go back to the school to attend my daughter's publishing party. I have exactly an hour to eat, shower, unload the dishwasher and cut 60 tiny pieces of chocolate peppermint bark. My daughter woke up this morning with a stomachache, worried that I would be late to the party. I guess she has every right to be.
I think that I am an adrenaline junkie, loving that rush you get when you are running late late late, but then you manage to make it on time.
So I better get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment