Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Bibliophile








In the beginning of the summer, I told my sister in law that I would give her a list of books to read and then didn't. I also saw a post from a friend on Facebook asking for some good YA titles.

I think I have said before that I used to feel self conscious about my book choices, having a non-fiction, newspaper reading husband with a big mouth. But I am now much more comfortable in my status of YA/Science Fiction/Fantasy geek.

Here are the books I have read so far. I start my new list of books read on January 1st-I guess it's a lot so far this year.

The Night Circus-Erin Morgenstern
Monsters of Men-Patrick Ness(Chaos Walking Trilogy)
A Monster Calls-Patrick Ness
Steampunk!-short stories by Holly Black, Kelly Link and others
Nocturnes-Jonathan Connolly
The Infernals-Jonathan Connolly
**if you can check out the Book of Lost Things" by Jonathan Connolly-best.book.ever.
Death Comes to Pemberley
Stay Awake-Dan Choban
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Good Omens-Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
The Hunger Games-Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire-Suzanne Collins
Bird by Bird-Anne Lamont or Lamott
Mockingjay-Suzanne Collins
Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
On Writing-Stephen King
Gods Behaving Badly-Marie Phillips
The Graveyard Book-Neil Gaiman
Willpower
Room
Lamb-Christopher Moore
The Wind in the Keyhole-Stephen King
That's Disgusting-Rachel Herz
**Then I read the Hunger Games trilogy again to decide if they were actually good (they are) so that counts for three more books**
Gregor the Overlander-Suzanne Collins
Gregor and the Prophecy of the Bane-Suzanne Collins
Daughter of Smoke and Bone-Laini Taylor
Anansi Boys-Neil Gaiman
Neverwhere-Neil Gaiman
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
This is How-Augusten Burroughs
American Gods-Neil Gaiman

I think that's 34?
I'm on a roll. For the record, these books are all good books that I found to be worth reading. If I start reading a book and find that after a few chapters, I can't get into it, I will put it down and read something else. I'm getting too old to waste my time.

Horst is back from vacation..He just came upstairs to give me the weather report for New England and Texas. I guess my day can begin now.

No comments:

Post a Comment