Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just Not Feelin It Today

It wasn't too bad this morning. I got the kids safely through the torrential downpours to camp in a reasonable amount of time. I had coffee with a friend and unloaded a sweater unto her. She is learning to knit as of yesterday here is her first creation




She is very fancy.
That was the aftermath of our first lesson on how to wind a skein of yarn. The elite pay extra to buy a skein of yarn and then wind it into a ball themselves.
We discussed the possibility of maybe, instead of learning to knit, to just have a skein of yarn and some needles artfully lying around for when company comes, but I know she can do it.

I stopped by the garden to find that the Devil's Marmot, the big mother groundhog, waited until right after the downpour washed away the large amount of Cayenne Pepper I dumped all over as a deterrent to break under my fencing and have some lunch.
My carrot tops, my new bokchoy sprouts, my brussels sprouts that were making such a strong comeback.
It really made my day suck.
I'm considering the possibility of just going back to container gardening in my alley. Time that I really can't afford to spare is being wasted on battling this damn thing. I am tired and discouraged.

Ok, tell you what. I'm going to go now. I'm going to take a shower because I am sticky and uncomfortable. I'll be back tomorrow with a better attitude, I promise.

I also journeyed out with Horst just now,to the cobbler. He kept a constant commentary going on about things and hooks and hanging things somewhere. I had no idea what he was talking about. After pulling up to a large pile of vomit at the bank, the commentary changed from "God Knows What" to "How People Cannot Hold Their Liquor"
I almost jumped out of the moving vehicle.
3 more days till vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment