Tuesday, February 05, 2013

The Scourge



The Scourge came upon me yesterday.

But as far as Scourges go, it's not that bad.

Last night, on my way home from work a bit early, I fervently prayed to God that I would not get into a car accident.

If I did, I can assure you that there was no way that I would be arriving to the hospital in clean underwear.

The Scourge allowed me to sleep and make it to and from dropping the kids off from school.

I'll take it. I just hope that this is not the type of Scourge that starts with intestinal distress and blows up into an enormous puke festival.

Right now I am doing Ok. I am on the couch with books, remote controls and this computer in reach. I have a thermos of tea, a pillow and a blanket.

I'm not leaving my post unless I have to run to the bathroom. Of course I have strategically placed myself for the most direct route.

The kids are at school. The house is quiet and I haven't puked yet.

Not too bad as far as Scourges go.

1 comment:

  1. Oh noooo. Scourges are the worst. Hang in there, and if you can't, just let it out. Let it all out. You poor thing.

    ReplyDelete