Sunday, May 26, 2013

Moving Day

Moving day is officially upon us.

On Friday, I closed all the upper entrances of the hives and added an entrance reducer to Cabbage Hive.

It was sad, they were very docile when I did it.

 Allow me to anthropomorphize for a moment and say, "Ahhh, it was like they knew it was time to go and didn't fight me!"

No, I know.

Last night, B, whom I will refer to from now on as "Poor Long Suffering B" (PLSB) went with me after dark to plug all the openings.

There is give and take with marriage. I put up with his hockey related psychosis once a year and he helps me with ninja bee missions.

I had to sneak out from work for a half hour after the sun set, to plug up the openings.

 I contemplated bringing my axe with me for personal protection, saw myself swinging wildly at the hoodlums my stressed and paranoid imagination brought forth and decided to just call B and make him go.

It is kind of silly, seeing as how he is mortally terrified of furry nocturnal creatures that come out after dark.

We are more likely to run into those than faceless vagrants.

Well, there is the balance. I'll protect him from possums and raccoons while he protects me from my overactive brain.

Funny, I just realized that we have been doing that for each other for the past 14 years.

So, I just saw the time. It is now 6:45. I have been up since 5:45.

I brought Horst to the bus station. He is as talkative at 5:45 as he is at any other time of day.

As with any other time of day, I had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

Yes, moving day begins soon.

B (PLSB) will fetch the truck, I will gather supplies and head North with a lovely friend whom I enlisted to help me.

I am hoping that I will be able to breath again by noon today.

One more time-thanks to all those people who have been so helpful. You know who you are.

I am thinking that if I get honey this year, much of that crop will go out as thank you gifts.

You guys have definitely earned it.

Ok-

 It's out to the Boondocks we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment