Monday, November 19, 2012

Books So Far

I have a lot of catching up to do on my other story. there is no way at this point that I would reach the NaNoWriMo goal of 50,000 words by December 1st. Even if I cheated and added everything I already wrote in previous months.

If I really wanted to win whatever prize they're giving (I never checked) I would probably have to don a pair of adult diapers, lock myself in a room with a bit of food and water and have at it. However, the bangs on the door of my family trying to break in would most likely prove too distracting, so I have to be satisfied with bits and pieces daily and just being happy with the fact I did something.

The really awesome thing about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month for those who may not know) for me is that is has gone a long way into getting me into the habit of writing every day. Structure and incentives are good for me.

For this past month, I have gotten up every morning at 6:15-6:30 and I fire up the computer and write something. Even if it's on here.

Later on I will sit for at least an hour and write more. That is when I turn this great application called Freedom on and that prevents me from going on the internet for however long I want. Huge help.

I hope that works-the link isn't showing up in the preview. I really need to work on my computer skills if I want to keep writing here.

So in addition to writing a lot, I read a lot. A few years back after reading an article where some apple bigwig claimed that people never read anymore and that is why they didn't have a version of the Kindle (It was right after the Kindle came out)I decided to keep track of how many books I read each year. I posted it last year here and the year before on Facebook.
I'm eventually going to get back onto GoodReads as well, but I don't have the time right now. But for the Hell of it, I'll share some of what I have read so far this year. I asterisked those books that I really liked.

1. The Night Circus
2. Monsters of Men***
3. A Monster Calls***
4. Steampunk!***
5. Nocturnes
6. The Infernals
7. Death Comes To Pemberley
8. Stay Awake
9. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children***
8. Good Omens***
9. The Hunger Games
10. Catching Fire
11. Bird by Bird
12. Mockingjay
13. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk***
14. On Writing
15. Gods Behaving Badly
16. The Graveyard Book***
17. Willpower***
18. Room
19. Lamb The Story of Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend***
20. The Wind In The Keyhole***
21. That's Disgusting
22. The Hunger Games (again-I know-shut up)
23. Catching Fire
24. Mockingjay
25. Daughter of Smoke and Bone
26. This is How***
27. American Gods***
28. Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
29. A Wizard of Earthsea
30. The Tombs of Atuan
31. The Farthest Shore
32. A Wrinkle in Time
33. Tehanu
34. The Wind Through The Keyhole (again)***
35. The Amber Chronicles volume 1
36. Gregor The Overlander
37. Gregor and The Prophecy of The Bane
38. Anansi Boys***
39. Neverwhere***
40. Shadow Of Night
41. The Glass Castle
42. I Suck At Girls***
43. Anansi Boys***(again)
44. Shadow Show
45. The Giver

Good Year so far-I pretty much liked everything, some more so than others. Yes, I know, I like a lot of science fiction/fantasy and young adult. I will continue with my ritual and post the remaining books and grand total on New Year's day.
Ok going now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment