Monday, November 19, 2012

It's here! and Pretty Much All Gone!

So I did it and here is my first crop of honey, all jarred up and labeled.




It took me about 16 months to get to this point. Total was about 16 pounds all together. I jarred up 24 all nice nice and gave a 1 pound jar to my wonderfully creative friend Heather of whom I have spoken of before who designed the label for me.





I love keeping bees. I love having honey to sell. I have plans of expanding this coming Spring and so on and so forth.
I finally figured out what I want to do when I grow up. 38 years of dicking around.

I like to think that my "doing" so to speak is keeping bees and telling stories.

I fully accept the fact that neither one will probably never be lucrative enough to pay the bills.

But that's what I have a job for.

So following what other people are doing online this week, I will state some stuff that I am thankful for.
Today I am very thankful for my bees. I really love my girls. Even more than my dog.




I call this hive "Cabbage Hive" I'm hoping to install Epstein soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment