Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas





“On every world, wherever people are, in the deepest part of the winter, at the exact mid-point, everybody stops and turns and hugs, as if to say, "Well done. Well done, everyone! We're halfway out of the dark."
Back on Earth we call this Christmas or the Winter Solstice.” – Doctor Who, A Christmas Carol


Last night was full of Christmas magic. I was able to take the night off from work, Everyone got their cookies in a crap bag. Just before midnight, I walked Gus, who had vomited all over the kitchen and porch, and saw the very first snowflakes begin to fall.

Even into this morning,more magic, I managed to get up before the kids(!) and have a few moments before the yells and thumps of feet resound throughout the house, to sit and write this. The Christmas lights are on just outside my window and the snow is falling.

I hope that whatever higher power you choose to answer to (if you have one) blesses you and keeps you and yours, today and through the year.

I hear children upstairs stirring.

Well done everyone!

Well done.



Thanks Tricia for turning me onto that lovely quote

No comments:

Post a Comment