Saturday, December 15, 2012

You Never Know



Something about this squirrel picture makes me happy


I am thankful for Netflix and the Wii, which kept the kids from the real news yesterday.

I don't know what to say about this. It makes me very very sick. I was glad that I didn't turn on the TV yesterday. B called me just before I had to get the kids from school.

Just like everyone else, I hugged them a little tighter. I thanked God that they are still with me. You just never know. One second and then your life is changed.

I am nobody to talk about it. I am nobody to say why it happened or what I think was going through that sick person's head Friday morning. I have opinions, but I am keeping them to myself.

My children are upstairs tucked in their beds, no idea what's going on. If they get wind of what happened, I will tell them and be honest and careful in what I say. I really hope they don't ask.

Last night a lot of little kids got extra dessert, cookies and stayed up with their parents just a little bit later. They got these things because of those kids who didn't come home.

It's a nice way to honor those poor children but heartbreaking at the same time. It's also important to remember that little kids are dying in horrible ways all over the world, all the time.

On Friday morning, V&G ran ahead of me when I dropped them off at school. They went inside the building without a goodbye or a backward glance. I let them go with a laugh.

On Monday morning, I will grab them before they run off, give them a quick squeeze and a whispered, "I love you."

You just never know.

Here are some pictures of small birds. Small birds always make me feel better.









Take care my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment