Sunday, December 16, 2012

I love you more than...



On Sunday morning, I woke V up and he held his arms wide open for a hug and said, "I love you more than Christmas!" I think I said that I loved him more than candy or something. What came to mind was the above clip, especially the little girl's last line.

Does that make me a bad mother?

On the other front-
I thought about it and decided that I am not going to mention or watch or listen to anything about the shootings on Friday anywhere near the kids. If they hear about it and have questions, I'll answer them as honestly as I can, keeping their personalities/sensitivities in mind.

G & V very briefly overheard a tiny snippet of a news report in the car. I turned it off immediately and G said, "I don't want to hear about that."
I replied, "No, you really don't."

I pre-wrote this for Monday as baking mayhem commences in 30 minutes-9 varieties to bake in 5 days, and work, and write and take a few minutes several times a day to use the bathroom. Oh yes, and that pesky Christmas shopping too.

The annual cookie fight was more of a cookie nag and snipe this year. Tradition!
I'm glad that's over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment