Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Silly

It's been a somber, melancholic sort of day for me today. Reading Joan Didion's latest while getting an oil change at the dealership and then having the guy come out and say that not only do I need 2 new filters of some sort, but a whole new tire because I had 3 screws stuck in the old one will put anyone in that sort of mental state.

But then I had this really quiet moment a few hours later that turned into a hard to suppress the giggles moment. I went to get my eyeglasses adjusted. It was only me and the counter guy there. He was in an adjacent room, adjusting. I was very thankful that I was not one of those people who had uncontrollable flatulence because it would be really embarrassing at the time to say the least. For me and the counter guy, who would have to pretend that he didn't hear anything, while I would have had to pretend that I didn't rip one.

Let's all take a moment now, those of us out there with full sphincter control, to be truly thankful. And also let us have a quiet moment of empathy for those who do not.

Then you have my permission to giggle

No comments:

Post a Comment