Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dog Days of Winter

Gus is staring at me with an imploring look in his eyes.

I fed him, we even took a walk in the snow. He has water.

I look back at him and shrug my shoulders and say, "What the fuck do you want now?"

Usually I will be finished with everything I have to do, cooking, cleaning up, getting people out the door.

I will sit and breathe a sigh of relief, I'm all finished and now I can relax...

And there's that damn dog, standing in the middle of the room, gazing at me intently.

You can almost see the baboon in his head playing Whack a Mole just behind his eyes.

I drag myself out of my comfortable position to do whatever it is I have to do to make him stop looking at me with that intent but vacant expression.

But this time?

"What the fuck do you want now?"

Then it hits me, 2 hour school delay, the kids are supposed to be at school, instead they are sprawled all over the couch, watching Mythbusters.

The couch, where Gus spends most of the day. He wants me to make them leave so he can have the couch.

"You're on your own, dipshit."

Gus, disappointed, curled up on his bed.





**Thanks Howell Golson for the Whack a Mole reference**

No comments:

Post a Comment