Thursday, January 10, 2013

Extremely Gratifying

When I was younger, I used to hang out with people who were at least a few years older than me, if not more.

It really sucked back then, well, sometimes.

 Nobody wanted to date me. I was the last one to reach the legal drinking age.

Lots of things that are totally insignificant to me now, but really mattered back then.

I obviously knew jack shit about anything.

I will say that I have found one thing extremely gratifying about being the youngest.

From time to time, I'll come across a picture of some guy that I used to have an enormous crush on way back when, and now they're old and kind of gross looking.
I have a lot of very nice looking, well-preserved older friends whom I still keep in touch with and see pictures of. You're beautiful. I mean it. I'm not just saying it. ... No I didn't mean you when I said old and gross..Believe me.

I especially like seeing the not so flattering pictures of the ones who weren't very nice or who dumped me, etc.

First I think, "Ewww, what the hell was I thinking?"

Then I think of Nelson from the Simpsons:



Feels good.

Maybe tomorrow I'll come back and tell you about one of my life's most gratifying moments and what happened after.

No comments:

Post a Comment