Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Book List



I love spending time with my kids, I do. I love vacation with them. But like fish and guests, hanging out with children starts to smell after a few days.

Yesterday afternoon, the fights were really cooking. I looked to today at 9AM, when the school door shuts on my last child, as a beacon of hope and sanity in the darkness of Christmas vacation.

My hope dwindled and died as I realized that poor V would have to stay home another day in order to see the doctor about his persistent cough. Crap.

Oh well-there's always tomorrow.

Here is my annual reading list from last year-Sorry it's a day late. I think the final count is 57 books for 2012-Not too shabby.
All of the books were good-if a book starts to suck-I stop and get another. My favorites for this year were "Steampunk!", "Neverwhere", "Anansi Boys", "A Monster Calls", "Shadow Show" and the Ray Bradbury short stories. But seriously-they were all pretty darn good.






The Night Circus-Erin Morgenstern
Monsters of Men-Patrick Ness(Chaos Walking Trilogy)
A Monster Calls-Patrick Ness
Steampunk!-short stories by Holly Black, Kelly Link and others
Nocturnes-Jonathan Connolly
The Infernals-Jonathan Connolly
**if you can, check out the Book of Lost Things" by Jonathan Connolly-best.book.ever.
Death Comes to Pemberley
Stay Awake-Dan Choban
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Good Omens-Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
The Hunger Games-Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire-Suzanne Collins
Bird by Bird-Anne Lamont or Lamott
Mockingjay-Suzanne Collins
Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
On Writing-Stephen King
Gods Behaving Badly-Marie Phillips
The Graveyard Book-Neil Gaiman
Willpower
Room
Lamb-Christopher Moore
The Wind in the Keyhole-Stephen King
That's Disgusting-Rachel Herz
**Then I read the Hunger Games trilogy again to decide if they were actually good (they are) so that counts for three more books**
Gregor the Overlander-Suzanne Collins
Gregor and the Prophecy of the Bane-Suzanne Collins
Daughter of Smoke and Bone-Laini Taylor
Anansi Boys-Neil Gaiman
Neverwhere-Neil Gaiman
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
This is How-Augusten Burroughs
American Gods-Neil Gaiman
A Wizard of Earthsea-Ursula LeGuines
The Tombs of Atuan-Ursula LeGuines
The Farthest Shore-Ursula LeGuines
The Other Wind-Ursula LeGuines
I Suck At Girls
Anansi Boys (again)
Shadow Show (Anthology of short stories in honor of Ray Bradbury)
The Giver
Short Stories of Ray Bradbury (I read 1/2 but the book itself was enormous)
Days Of Blood and Starlight-Laini Taylor
The Twelve
Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Happier At Home
I hear Lyd groaning in frustration upstairs so I better go and see what's wrong this time.
Happy day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment